Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tap Dance Cake


This dance cake is the sister cake to the football cake, literally. The young lady that this was made for is Ryan's sister from the football cake. Her birthday celebration was the same weekend as the graduation celebration, so that was a busy week for me, but so much fun since these are 2 of my favorite cakes. The shoes (after much hearbreak) are plastic. I bought an awesome 3-D mold for the tap shoes and made, what felt like, 6 dozen trials. But I could never get a perfectly seamless shoe. The taps on the bottom of the shoe are made of fondant and then dusted with silver luster dust. I have to admit that this cake is inspired by another dance cake that I saw on Google images and I immediately knew it was perfect for this dancer. So, a big thank you to the original designer!

No comments: